Saturday, September 26, 2020

What About My Sons?

 When Ruth Bader Ginsburg died, I began to worry about the rest of my sons' lives.

I don't usually think that way. My sons can take care of themselves. But sometimes the world intrudes in ways unexpected and dangerous. Ways that cannot be avoided, controlled or responded to.

My life has been affected many times by things outside of my control. Things that threw me off course and forced me to adapt. Not to conquer, not to succeed - to adapt. There is a difference.

There is an uncomfortable sense of resignation about adapting.

When trumpfuck and his spineless, ball-licking lackeys get through appointing the next supreme court justice, the court will set about the business of sending this country back to the dark ages. And if Shitfuck gets re-elected, democracy is done. I truly believe that. No hyperbole.

I am 66. Who gives a shit. Except one worry that has solidified in my mind is the idea that social security could be taken away from Carol and me, or be reduced to a level that will force us to work back in the coal mine. 

Previously I figured if they fuck with ss, it won't affect us - we are too far down the road. I am no longer so sure. These amoral fiends have proven over and over again that they don't care about human suffering and death. Don't fucking care.

Still, I am 66. The clock is ticking so loudly I am forced to walk around with my hands pressed to my ears.

Keith and Craig got a good fifty years ahead of them. Probably more. Fifty years of a corrupt supreme court, along with the after effects of 8 years of scumfuck, sounds like Armageddon to me. 

I want my sons to be healthy. I want them to be happy. I want them to have a chance.

I am feeling really down. RBG's death seemed like a lethal gut punch. What evil deity would allow this to happen? No one. No deity would orchestrate this. Only The Devil. Feels like evil has won.

And not just relative to the supreme court. It feels like evil is winning in America and all over the world in every way imaginable. 

Dark times are coming. Dark times are about to become the norm.

I worry about my sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment