Saturday, September 26, 2020

If At First You Don't Succeed

 So, yeah Carol and I tested negative for Covid-19.

I went right back to work to try a little harder to get infected. That's how it feels. Right back into the belly of the beast.

Stricter guidelines now. You have to wear a mask at all times away from your desk. Seems stupid to me. A little short of the mark. I now wear my mask throughout the day, even at my desk. Truly sucks.

But it's my only chance of surviving this diseased, closed environment that everybody pretends to understand the rules about, even when they don't.

How the fuck does anybody really know, in a closed office, that sitting at a desk unmasked is safe? Who knows what is floating around the air filtration system. The office was closed on Monday so deep cleaning could be performed. I laugh at that. Reminds me of the fifties when kids would practice hiding under their desks at school in the event of nuclear attack.

That was so far off base from reality, so disconnected from the evil destruction a nuclear bomb could wreak, that it is laughable. How do we know the supposed knowledge about coronavirus is any deeper?

Understanding of this disease has been evolving from the start and continues to do so. I believe that shit like "deep cleaning" is designed to give peace of mind to the potentially infected. Like hiding under a desk. We even have a mobile filtration unit in the office now. Right next to my desk. The noise drives me crazy.

But at least I am safe.

Funny shit. Maintenance dude dragged the mobile unit into the office last Friday, the day we all got the fucking news. He could not get out of there fast enough. Plugged it in and practically ran out of the office.

Comforting.

So here we go. Round Two. Back in the ring for another swing.

"Nobody told me there'd be days like these. Strange days indeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment