Monday, November 16, 2020

Discount What???????

Carol and I watch NH Chronicle.

It is a goofy little home town show the likes of which I would never ever watch in the past. This is further proof that I am lightening up. It doesn't always have to be about serial killers and drug abusers.

Early on in the pandemic, as the world closed down, Carol started keeping a notebook. I thought it was a great idea. 

The show regularly highlights NH businesses, restaurants, craft places, fun spots etc. Many that appealed to us; many we thought might appeal to Keith and Craig. Our thought process was when this shit lightens up we are going to make the effort to hit the places that seem cool to us and, more importantly, hit the places with Keith and Craig that look like fun family stuff (I am not talking Chuck E. Cheese here).

We were constantly saying "I think Keith and Krista would love this. I think Craig and Amanda would love that. I think all of us would have a blast here.................."

On a deeper level the thought process was we are going to start doing things instead of just talking about them. In reaction to the frightening unpredictability of 2020.

You know, "Wouldn't it be cool if we.........."  In the meantime another year, five years, ten years go by as we get older, slower and fatter. And lonelier. I am speaking about myself when it comes to fatter; Carol has actually lost weight due to the wonderful side effects from undergoing three major surgeries.

So Carol has a list of locations, addresses, websites, phone numbers.

Unfortunately the list has grown to immense proportions. We thought we'd be out and about in the summer. Now we are talking about mid 2021, if we are fucking lucky.

This depresses the shit out of me. The notebook started out as this hopeful thing with an eye towards making a change in our lives. Now it has an inch of dust on it. We haven't added anything to it in a while.

Seems more appropriate to do research on discount funeral homes right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment