Friday, November 6, 2020

Heard this song on Outlaw Country the other day on SiriusXM.

I don't agree with everything in it but I do love the attitude.


Same Kind of Crazy As Me, by Cody Jinks


I don't go to church on Sunday

I don't go to work on Monday

I sleep until I wake up

To whiskey in my coffee cup

And I take what the good Lord gave

That's the shovel that digs my grave

I never really had a plan

But everybody knows where I stand


And in all my friends I see

The same kind of crazy as me


There's more colors than red and blue

To paint the elephant in the room

You piss and moan about that and this

There's always another ass to kiss, but

I believe that freedom rings

And I believe in the songs we sing

I have a funny way you see

What the world might someday be


Why can't they just let it be?

The same kind of crazy as me


There ain't a single thing we own

We'll take with us when we're gone

So I'll just walk the earth awhile

Lend a hand and leave a smile

And who knows how the whole thing ends?

You can't tell me where or when

So I'll just pray that when I'm done

Meet the Father and the Son


And if I'm right they'll be

The same kind of crazy as me



No comments:

Post a Comment