Monday, August 16, 2021

Facial Expressions

I am fascinated by the interpreters for the deaf you see on TV every time someone gives a speech or speaks publicly about anything important.

It's the facial expressions. They act out what they are interpreting.

I think it is involuntary.

I think they are so intent on getting it right that they put everything they have into it. I think if you put a mask on them the message would be compromised at least 50%.

Ever watch a talented guitar player cranking on a solo?

Look at their mouth. Their mouth is simulating what their fingers are doing.

Again, I think it is involuntary.

I don't believe they can stop it from happening.

Creativity is a comprehensive mind/body thing. You use everything you got to get your point across no matter what the medium is.

No comments:

Post a Comment