Friday, July 5, 2013

Oh Yeah

Just had to run out and pick up some stuff.

You know, kitty litter, cat snacks, Advil, Bayer heart smart aspirin, cold cuts, burgers, rolls, frozen peppers - standard American fare.

Gotta drive many miles to avoid being raped by the Shaw's that is close by. Those people are scum - they rape the locals because the locals have no options.

Anyway I was cruising and smiling and breathing in the heat and I noticed so many cars parked by the lake, so many boats and bodies on the lake.

And it hit me. It ain't just July 4th - it's the July 4th weekend. People are chilling to the max.

Retail scrambles the calender in your brain. First of all it took minutes for me to realize that today is Friday. Couple more to recognize that it is the July 4th WEEKEND.

So, what the hell. To those of you who are infinitely smarter than me, I raise a whiskey glass in toast to your freedom, your sense of abandon, and the laughter echoed off the glassine surface of The Lake of Sweet Release.

No comments:

Post a Comment