Wednesday, July 3, 2013

One In A Row

Just survived 8 consecutive at Lompoc.

I am now enjoying one day off in a row.

Today.

Of course I am grateful for today. Grateful for the wonderful job that graces my life. Grateful for the paycheck and the myriad ways it has improved my existence.

I am wallowing in gratefulness.

I am so grateful for today I am positively beatific. A halo, an aura, surrounds my head. I walked out to the mailbox to pick up today's package of heroin, a neighbor saw me and fell to her knees in prayer.

Still, I am trying to make sense of it all. The math doesn't add up. I know. I used to be an accountant.

One is greater than zero, and for this I am grateful, but it is a lot less than recuperating.

I would appeal to Jesus for inspiration to understand, but my gut tells me I need help from somebody a little more hands on than Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment