Sunday, July 7, 2013

Peter Sellers

Reading a biography on Peter Sellers.

Haven't gotten to Poe or Lennon yet. I prefer to go with the flow of my mind rather than to read my books in order of procurement. I didn't even own this book when I was contemplating which of the former two to dive into.

Sparks are ignited in my brain and the flame carries me with it.

Sellers was my kind of guy.

He fascinates me because (according to his friend, Herbert Kretzmer): "He is the most successful actor since Olivier and Guinness. He enjoys a riotous acclaim clear across the world. He has more money than he can spend in his lifetime - and the endless promise of more.............Yet Peter Sellers is one of the saddest, most self-tortured men I have ever known. Here is a man almost devoid of any capacity to sit back and enjoy the riches his genius has produced. There is certainly no more complex personality in the whole spectrum of British show business."

Tortured genius. A huge segment of the creatively gifted set.

No comments:

Post a Comment