Saturday, August 2, 2014

Musings On Scum (Enlightenment On The Fringe)

It is amazing and somewhat disconcerting how much energy a scheming scumbag can drain from your life.

My boss and I have been engaged in a weeks long battle over shift coverage at work while she is away on her upcoming vacation.

Her deepest wish is that while she is gone I will be forced to work open to close ten days in a row including two Sundays.

All I want is to find someone to work the opening shifts so I can just be a human being.

As manager of the store it is her responsibility to arrange coverage.

She is looking for revenge. Revenge because I refuse to work Sundays, which forces her to work every Sunday.

Sundays are voluntary. Full time employees cannot be forced to work Sundays.

Last year when I was a virgin assistant manager I worked a lot of Sundays. I felt it was my responsibility to do so. Even though I despise working Sundays. I missed most of the football season, which is a huge sacrifice for me.

In addition I worked whatever shift she scheduled me for. I ended up working many stretches of 8, 10, 12 days in a row. Over and over again. I lost days off and never got them back. Not in comp time, not in OT.

She took advantage of me.

I allowed it to happen so it is on me. But this year I am fighting back. Demanding my rightful days off, refusing to work Sundays.

I saw this vacation situation coming so I have been proactive about it. Asking her repeatedly who was going to cover the many shifts that are now wide open. Pushing, asking, demanding, threatening. I was finally forced to go to her boss to make the upper echelon aware of this upcoming crisis.

What is the slimiest creature on the planet? An eel? A slug?

Whatever it is, my boss is that.

She slides around the truth, glides around the truth, lies, tells half truths; anything she can do to avoid admitting that she has no intention of working with me to solve this situation.

She wants me to suffer and will do anything to make that happen.

My beleaguered brain has been obsessed with this situation for weeks. It has put me in a place of continuous stress. Because the New Hampshire State Liquor Commission could care less if I am forced to work killer hours at the sacrifice of my personal life.

I cannot let that happen.

I was thinking about it again this morning. The thought slithered through my head like a lizard, that I want something really bad to happen to my boss.

This is not the first time that thought has inhabited my skull space.

Strangely enough, immediately after thinking that, I thought an enlightened man would wish only for justice and fairness for himself. An enlightened man would not wish harm on his enemy.

Karma will take care of that. She will suffer whatever punishment the universe feels is appropriate.

And she has one nasty ass, dark and painful confrontation with karma coming right down the road at her.

I have one more week to deal with this. I am going to work hard to concentrate all my energy on forcing a solution.

I may win, I may lose.

If her vacation ends up being cancelled by her boss, if she cannot fly to Florida to visit her precious grandson, it would be a visitation of karma.

It certainly would not be the result of any negative thoughts on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment