Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Night Conversation

"Christ, what a shitty day at work. I need a beer. How about you?"

"Whiskey. I need whiskey."

"Bad day?".

"The worst. Although I say that every day. Because every day sucks."

"You do say that every day. You gotta lighten up, man - it's Friday - time to cut loose with wild women and Grey Goose."

"I don't drink fucking vodka."

"Christ, man, I was rhyming for the fun of it. I like to rhyme. Gives my conversation some color."

"It makes you sound like an idiot."

"Do me a favor, take a pull on that whiskey and calm down."

"Know what I hate?"

"What?"

"I hate that people think I stink."

"Stink? You don't smell bad to me."

"Stink. Like they look down on me. Like I am a fucking failure."

"You are hallucinating, man."

"Speaking of stink reminds me of my favorite album title ever. Wanna know what it is?"

"Man, you are all over the place."

"Hungry for Stink. By L7. I don't know a goddamn thing about the group, never heard the album, but I fucking love that title."

"Ah, OK."

"Makes me think about Veruca Salt."

"What?"

"Do  you know who Veruca Salt is?"

"Your alcoholic aunt?"

"I don't have an alcoholic aunt."

"Just a guess."

"Veruca Salt was a rock group. Took their name from the spoiled rich girl in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Isn't that cool?"

"Wanna go to Mangini's for a couple of beers?"

"I get the impression you don't want to talk to me."

"That's because I don't fucking understand you. You make a lot more sense with a few whiskies under your belt."

"Jesus, man, I'm just trying to broaden your horizons. Yeah, let's go get drunk for a change."

No comments:

Post a Comment