Monday, June 7, 2021

Hidden Emotions, Buried Deep

I am happy today.

I feel it intensely. I am light hearted and moving freely.

In anticipation.

The final zapping today. Somewhere around 4:15 I will be done with radiation.

This situation has been weighing more heavily on my inner self than I realized. 

I reached a state of semi-equilibrium sometime during the process. A place where I recognized the seriousness of it all but countered that with an awareness of statistics that are overwhelmingly in my favor.

The easy going relationship I established with the Radiation Warriors smoothed things out too.

But I rolled out of bed this morning and bounced down the stairs like a red rubber ball. I was caught off guard at just how good I felt.

So, obviously, Inner Joe has been hunkered down under the weight of it all, keeping a low profile, allowing Outer Joe to get through the process in relative calm.

Today, Inner Joe is back and he is laughing.

Tonight Carol and I are going out to dinner to celebrate. And tomorrow................................

tomorrow will be my first day off from work since April 6 when I DO NOT have to drive into Concord to get zapped. Tomorrow will be a day of uninterrupted peace. It will be slow moving and soul-nourishing.

I..................cannot.....................wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment