Sunday, June 27, 2021

Men Are Full of Shit, Women Are Not

Shemekia Copeland has a song titled "I Always Get My Man."

She sings: "Gonna frisk you, baby - see if you're packing heat, take you to my courtroom down the street, accuse you of love in the first degree, and won't turn you loose until your prints are all on me."

The chorus says: "Get you with my hugging and my kisses too, there won't be no escaping when I get my hands on you, when I finally get you I ain't gonna stop, I'll keep right on loving until the neighbors call the cops."

I believe her.

There is a classic blues song titled "I'm Ready", written by Wiile Dixon and first recorded by Muddy Waters. Here's a taste of the lyrics.

First the macho buildup: "I got an axe handle pistol on a graveyard frame, that shoot tombstone bullets, wearin' balls and chain, I'm drinkin' TNT, I'm smoking dynamite, I hope some screwball start a fight, 'cause I'm ready, ready as anybody can be, I'm ready for you, I hope you're ready for me."

Holy shit, man - is that over the top or what?

Now the romantic stuff:

"All you pretty little chicks with your pretty little hair, I know you feels like I ain't nowhere, but stop what you're doin' baby - come over here, I'll prove to you baby that I ain't no square, because I'm ready, ready as anybody can be, now I'm ready for you, I hope you're ready for me."

I don't believe him.

Because men are all about bluff & bluster. The Testosterone Wars. Always trying to one-up the next guy, often in blatant defiance of common logic.

Women are mystical, magical creatures. They are not even of the same species. Women are their own species, existing in a world that men cannot understand.

Men pretend to be tough.

Women are tough.

Go get him, Shemekia.

No comments:

Post a Comment