Tuesday, April 11, 2023

A Sad Day Indeed

Last Friday I was forced to return the mid-size luxury crossover SUV Acura MDX I've been renting.

They gave it to me, I had 3 weeks to settle into the luxury and ballsiness of this beast, time to begin to believe I was worthy.................and they took it away. Bait and switch, baby - the formula of life.

The Hyundai was ready. Supposedly.

Even Sadder: The Hyundai will never be the same. It doesn't drive right. It doesn't feel right. I don't think I am in any imminent danger (although the thrill of the gamble awakens my spirit behind the wheel), but the car is not the same. This is what happens when a Giant Sequoia brutally attacks an itty bitty compact car featuring intelligent innovations inside and out.

In addition....................I found out yesterday that the sunroof doesn't work. The fucking sunroof doesn't work. So I am going back to collision man on Thursday to get that straightened out. I don't trust this guy, he feels greasy.

I have come full circle to the negative karma thing (and here I am trying so hard to be positive in 2023) (?).

You know the story. Bought me a brand new 2020 Hyundai Elantra in 2020. Not a Lincoln - never a Lincoln - but - at least and at last - a new car. Unlimited potential. Guaranteed reliability.

Until the fucking transmission blew up at 4900 miles.

No sweat - got it replaced at no cost to me - except the cost of anger. The dealership treated me like a leper. And I made them pay. I filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau, with the dealer, with Hyundai corporate, and I emailed the service center guy that jerked me around. The dealership called the very next day, trembling. 

I fought them hard, and I fought Hyundai corporate hard when they called me. Know what I got out of it?

A full tank of gas and a $25 gas card from the dealer, and one payment knocked off my loan agreement by Hyundai corporate. One. I fought to get five - all I got was one. A hollow victory all the way around.

That episode left me shaken. My new car. My fucking new car.

And now a Giant Sequoia has killed the dream. The Hyundai will never be the same. It will never again feel new. The dream is over.

But, what the fuck - Carol and I are going up to Greasy Collision Man early on Thursday (he's a million miles away), then we are going out to breakfast.

Breakfast is something, right? Isn't breakfast something?

Pretty sure breakfast is something.

No comments:

Post a Comment