Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter Morn 2023

 Driving home from Keith's place this morning (I'll explain later).

9 o'clock on an Easter morn. Lost in silent reverie, coffee cup in hand.

Thinking how cool it would be for Jesus to make a surprise appearance in my passenger seat.

When I was a kid I used to hope that on 3 o'clock on Good Friday the sky would suddenly go dark, until thunder exploded and lightning split the sky. I told God that if that happened, I would get religion.

It never did, and I never did.

Anyway, I was hoping this morning that Jesus would appear to counsel me, inspire me, turn me around - get my mind right.

He was a no-show.

However, later on I drove by a digital billboard that advertised "603cremations.com". Seemed kind of weird.

I sincerely hope that was not Jesus' version of counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment