Friday, April 14, 2023

Twenty Three Weak Links

A shocking revelation of my future exploded in a dream. A vision of myself crawling forward on all fours, hands and knees bleeding. Through mud so thick it made sucking sounds as I moved; first one hand, then the other, one knee, then the other. Struggling to get to a place that I loathed.

To do as I was told, in defiance of The Self; things that offended and demeaned me.

Each of my vertebrae, except one, was fractured but not broken. Twenty three weak links, fragile and ready to maim me when the inevitable clean-break occurred. It would be a relief when it happened.

No longer compelled to respond to every command, like a dog whose spirit has been broken.

Is this the definition of peace that no one ever tells you about?

No comments:

Post a Comment