Sunday, April 2, 2023

March - A Reckoning

I exercised 20 days in March.

I lost 4 more pounds.

Not a bad month. 

I weighed 198 pounds on January 1, I weighed 186 pounds on April 1st. I have lost 12 pounds in 3 months. That's significant.

Gotta keep it up, gotta ramp it up. It would be nice to feel semi-proud when New England's severely limited good weather rolls around in July and August. To go out in a t-shirt like younger people do, unabashed.

For at least the last seven years, when I go out in warmth I wear a caftan over my body and a modified green trash bag over my head. I cut the eye-holes in the shape of a parallelogram, so that's pretty cool. The get-up has made it difficult to get around, but it does cloak my shame.

Unfortunately, either way, I hear the laughter.

April is a short month so I'm under a lot of pressure. But I'm on a roll with this health shit. I got rhythm. I'm all about rhythm. For a guy who hates rules and budgets and ultimatums, I love to establish rhythm.

First thing I think about when I get up is, when am I gonna exercise today. And what is the best way to fit in two sets. It's part of my DNA in 2023. I have no idea if this discipline is helping my health, health being such a quirky, unpredictable thing - but I'm starting to look marvelous. And that's all that counts.

Remember Billy Crystal as Fernando Lamas? "I would rather look good than to feel good."

An Accounting: I lost four pounds in January, I lost four pounds in February, I lost four pounds in March.

This is beginning to look suspicious..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment