Wednesday, June 12, 2024

What I WANT What I NEED

 "There's a line of trucks pullin' up in the driveway

Barefoot, tan legs, swinging off tailgates

Everybody knows everybody in town

When you call a couple friends, man, word gets around

Got two tan Yeti's, won't last all night

So if we're gonna do this right

We gonna need more beer, gonna need more ice

Gonna need more cups, stack 'em up to the sky

Gonna need more crank on the knob of the radio

If tonight's gonna go like I think it's gonna go

One thing's clear, by the looks of the crowd in here

We gonna need more beer"

From More Beer, by Lee Brice

I miss this type of summertime outdoor insane party so bad. Used to happen a lot. 

Cori and Sarge had an annual Memorial Day cookout that kicked ass. Big crowd, lots of laughs, lots of beer. We had plenty of barbecues at my house. Friends used to invite me to theirs. It was a thing.

Loud rock 'n roll, cold beer, whiskey, laughter, dancing (sometimes), singing (more often) - people people people. Shit, man - I was born for that. It's a natural thing.

Now we are all older. Spread out. Thinned out. Fuck that. Now I don't attend crazy barbecues, I watch them in a commercial on TV while Lee Brice tortures me with his song.

Wild-ass summertime barbecues are a force of nature, seismic events, crazed entertainment that make your life better for a few hours.

I still want that. I still need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment