Thursday, March 2, 2023

Fatal Prematurely

At this point I'd settle for the life Howard Ratner lived in Uncut Gems.

Including the bullet to the head that did him in.

His life was a pathetic struggle, built on a foundation of ridiculous dreams and schemes, but there are different levels of pathetic. Pathetic with money - even if it's temporary and an illusion - is better than pathetic with no money.

If you have stretches in your life when you live well, you are ahead of the game, ahead of most struggling no-hopers. So die young; at least you had some fun.

Carol went to bed at 11:00, leaving me in my recliner/bed. I was feeling lost. I caught the last hour of Uncut Gems (which I have seen before) alone, in the dark. It suited my mood perfectly.

I set it to record on Sunday so I can watch it from the beginning.

So I can empathize with Howard Ratner's enormous, and ultimately, prematurely fatal, struggle with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment