Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

This is a rare, random communique. Not planned, not thought out, not designed to promote my sparkling career.
I am reading a book called The Bond. Simply put, it's a book about the relationship between humans and animals. I am an animal lover. I worship animals. They are smarter than us and kinder than us. This book might change my life. Might force me to become a vegetarian (sadly,I doubt it). It will make me smile and bring me tears. It will transform me into a vigilante. Be kind to animals, don't even talk badly or cruelly about animals or I will eradicate you. You have been warned.
Maka and Lakota have asked to read the book when I am done. I am happy to share it with them.
I see my future as a writer, cloistered in my house with my lovely wife, a herd of animals and occasional visits from my sons and their women. I will never leave, never venture out amongst humans. My skin will turn pasty white, a scraggly beard will hide my delicate features and I will weigh 73 pounds. This would be divine.
Ciao, baby.

By the way, the sausages I barbecued last night were absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment