Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Straws

Straws are for kids.

Adults look stupid drinking anything through a straw.

Frappes, sodas, juices. Suck it through a straw and you look like an idiot child in an adult's body.

Even worse are those who consume cocktails through straws.

Those itty bitty cocktail straws they throw in your glass. Usually red.

People sucking alcohol through cocktail straws look like demented children with substance abuse issues.

Especially if they get to the bottom of the glass and make that desperate sucking noise. The noise of the committed drinker.

A very weird scenario for a bartender to look upon rows of faces sucking alcohol through straws.

Like being in a funhouse. Or being in an M.C. Escher painting.

1 comment:

  1. I drink an iced coffee through a straw every day. I don't drink many drinks with alcohol in them but when I do I usually get a toasted almond and drink it through a straw. You know who I am.

    ReplyDelete