Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Universal Theme

"And I saw myself for a second as I really am
 As I was coming down the road
 And I had to look away in disbelief I suppose
 As I was coming down the road
 I caught a glimpse of myself as others see me
And I wasn't the fella that I thought I'd be
As I was coming down the road
Coming down the road"

"Coming Down The Road"   John Mellencamp   from   No Better Than This


Dialogue: "Its weird. I'm just lying here and I'm wondering how I got here, you know? I don't mean here, I mean how I got here. How I'm not anything like what I'd hoped that I'd be, you know? I'm not even close to the guy I thought I'd end up being. And it kind of blows."

From the movie Beautiful Girls                      Matt Dillon as Tommy "Birdman" Rowland



These examples and many others.

There is a universal theme here.

No comments:

Post a Comment