Saturday, April 26, 2014

Every Day

Part of the fallout from the pinched nerve episode is a lifetime (or what's left of it) of "exercises."

Chiro Man calls them exercises. They really aren't. They are stretches or maneuvers.

The one that has the most impact is one where I roll a towel up, shove it under my neck and lie on the floor for ten minutes. It stretches out my spine and it definitely relieves pressure.

Ominously, Chiro Man told me to plan on doing that maneuver every day "for the rest of my life."

At first that sounded foreboding. Then I realized if that will help to keep the pain away, then it is a glorious addition to my daily routine.

I lie on the floor every day, sometimes twice in a day, and Lakota climbs up on my belly. It is a precious, sweet moment.

She lies down, makes herself comfortable and sometimes dozes off.

I love that. Initially, she is purring away. The purring begins to fade and, every once in a while, she lets out the big sigh, the purring stops and she is asleep.

These goddamn cats.

I love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment