Monday, May 25, 2015

1,000 and Counting

After reading peacefully this morning, I placed my bookmark at page 1,000 of "Atlas Shrugged", by Ayn Rand.

That's like reading three typical books.

And I still have 168 pages to go.

Thing is, this book is overwhelming in thought stimulation. It is a work of fiction Ayn Rand used to espouse her theory of how life should be lived.

Over and over again, I read long passages that are really Rand's philosophy in the words of characters, and I know as I am reading this that I need to pay attention, that I am being exposed to something radical and interesting and potentially life changing.

This is heavy duty stuff thinly disguised in a work of fiction excellently written.

You don't get that every day.

My commitment to this book has been unwavering. I have been plowing through it for some time now, interrupted by annoying distractions like work and sleep.

I love it. It stimulates me.

It has stimulated this nagging thought that if I change the way I look at myself and at life I can radically change my existence.

This plays right into my hands right now, considering where my head is at relative to the shock and pain I and my family have endured.

The types of things that make you want to change your life and make it your own and learn to enjoy and appreciate it.

Sounds simple, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment