Monday, May 11, 2015

I Am In Love With May

On May 1 I started walking.

I walked on 05/01, 05/02, 05/03, 05/04, 05/06, 05/08, 05/10, 05/11.

Pretty good, huh?

On three of those days I got up at 6:00 and was out the door at 6:30, when I could have stayed in bed longer.

Pat me on the back.

It is no coincidence that the drive and ambition coincided exactly with the dawn of good weather.

Real weather. Beautiful weather.

The kind of weather human beings are meant to thrive in.

I am a plant. When good weather comes around I come alive from the inside out.

It happens naturally. I feel it from my soul to my heart to my mind.

I literally feel different. Physically and mentally.

Probably true of you as well, no?

I felt dead right through the end of April.

Winter began on October 1 and ended on April 30.

Hideous. (And I am cutting winter some slack. I truly believe it begins on September 1.)

I only walk two miles.

In my defense, a portion of the route is a hill. It gets me out of breath and works my legs.

Still, I am not running a marathon. I am not Crossfit training.

Yesterday and today I felt different. More powerful.

Results, I believe.

Felt less physically stressed, more spiritually satisfied.

Noticeably so.

I have made the connection between positive activity and feeling good about myself.

The days I get up early to walk satisfy me the most. Because it takes extra effort.

I am proud of the commitment.

Same deal when I write something good or make a serious attempt to apply for a job or take the time to learn something or...........................

I have figured out that I can make myself feel good intellectually and emotionally through the sheer application of effort.

Fascinating.




No comments:

Post a Comment