Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Touch of a Button

Strangely, my first move after sitting in front of this screen lately has been to go to HGTV.com.

Incongruous, no?

No.

HGTV is giving away a "smart home". This is a high tech place, as high tech as it gets in 2015. Everything is connected and digitized and sanitized and smart this and smart that.

Everything can be done with the touch of a button.

So you can live in luxury and get fatter.

I don't care about the gadgetry.

The house is located in Austin, Texas. That is what I care about.

Austin is a dream location for me. I must get there. I would have been happy with a visit or two, but living there would supremely tasty.

In a brand new home and driving a brand new 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class, which is part of the prize package.

In fact the entire package includes this 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 2300 square foot modern Austin farmhouse, tech savvy appliances, beautiful furnishings and custom artwork, $100,000 in cash, and the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class automobile.

Pretty goddamn droolable.

But Austin is the draw for me. I would be an instant celebrity in every downtown bar. "Hey, here comes the dude who won that house."

And believe me, in Austin I would do committed bar research until I narrowed my haunts to a few places with the best atmosphere and the consistently best music.

In reality, with even a limited knowledge of Austin, I believe "a few" would be impossible to achieve.

Anyway........................whenever I visit the website, I enter four times. Twice under our E-mail address, twice under my E-mail address.

I have submitted a large number of entries.

Got two more days left to enter.

See you in Austin, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment