Tuesday, June 9, 2015

176.4

The gauntlet has been specifically laid out.

Got the new scale last Thursday, weighed myself Friday morning.

176.4

Elephantine.

I am 5'7".

I look like Chris Christie, for Christ sake.

I have committed to losing five pounds by June 30.

The decimal point cracks me up. It applies more pressure.

171.5 won't cut it. That degree of specificity can drive a man to drink.

I can set the scale to weigh me in kilograms and even stone. How cool is that?

If I get desperate I will switch to stone. 1 stone =14 pounds.

I am 61. It has been scientifically proven that at my age, if I ran a marathon every day between now and June 30, and all I had to eat every day is one cup of yogurt, I could expect to lose one half of one ounce.

Still I am undaunted. I currently exist in a zone of fierce determination. I am surprising myself with the effort I am exerting in certain areas of my life.

Inspiration is coming from somewhere (beyond the grave?) and I refuse to question it. Instead I will ride it out to whatever successes are in store for me.

There you go.

I'll talk to you on July 1.

(Editor's note: I am keeping the June Manifesto to myself. If I laid it all out, much of it would seem silly to you. I'll reveal parts of it as I make my way through the month. On July 1 I'll review my performance. I know you are breathing easier knowing that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment