Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Starring The Editors

We get exactly what we deserve in this country, politically.

The 2016 election madness is in full swing. Already. The Presidential election will be conducted on November 8, 2016. Today is June 17, 2015. And really, the candidate clowns have been at it for a couple of months (more?) already.

I realize they are working towards the primaries first but for Christ sake, the coverage is smothering.

I also realize the upcoming election has huge implications because President Barack Obama will be walking out the door and we are starting fresh

I also realize that Carol and I are part of the problem. We watch a lot of MSNBC, and Meet The Press every Sunday.

Meet The Press. Are you kidding me? When I was a kid and we were in Uncle Harry's presence he would force us to watch Starring The Editors.

This was an old school news program with a collection of stuffy, tight-assed news dudes. It was the most exquisite torture one could imagine for a kid. As I sat there I prayed Russia would drop a nuclear bomb on the house so I would have an excuse to go out and play.

Now Carol and I look forward to watching Meet The Press. We schedule Sunday morning around it.

My how my perspective has changed.

Anyway....................................

As I listen to the candidate clowns spew their rhetoric I realize (not that I needed confirmation) just how stupid the American public is.

They cheer at rallies like they are at a rock concert. Because essentially they are at a rock concert.

The candidates don't say anything about how they will accomplish very important things, they just push the buttons.

They talk about job creation, the economy, and improving chances for the poor and the middle class. They have to because so many people in this country are struggling, so many are suffering.

They never explain exactly how they are going to do it because they have no clue exactly how they are going to do it.

They know, just like President Obama found out, that 15 minutes after you walk through the doors of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, you say to yourself "Holy shit, what the hell did I get myself into and how the hell am I going to deal with it?"

What they do at political rallies is throw out dramatic catchphrases that explode the audience into mindless cheering and applause.

And the American public eats it up.

(Editor's aside: Hillary Clinton's attempts to be cute and likable raise vomit in my throat.)

Voters have to get serious if this country is to have a chance at recapturing greatness. If hard working people are to have a chance at a return to dignity.

If a candidate clown says he will create more jobs, go back and look through his public record to see exactly what he has done in the past to create jobs.

Which is probably nothing.

These fools have to be held accountable. You cannot simply take them at their word because they are playing us all for fools. They use reality TV mentality to campaign for the most important job in the world because they know Americans are fat, lazy and dumb and will lap up any drama and phonyness they are fed.

Then the candidate clowns take office and destroy our lives by allowing the ruination of our economy and the shrinking of job opportunities.

Please don't get me started. 


No comments:

Post a Comment