Thursday, June 25, 2015

There Are Days

There are days around here, when you walk outside the house and the weather is perfect and the sky is beautifulblue and the sun positively screams "I am the source of all life".

On those days you rediscover your eyes.

The scenery is crystal clear, the colors are insultingly stunning and you feel like you are seeing for the first time.

I have had two days in a row of this and I am vibrant.

Still doing The Walking Dude thing and digging it. When I walk I try hard to shut down my mind and open up my senses.

I am largely unsuccessful.

However, on days like these I do it better.

Such a relief to shut down the angry voice in my head and listen to the birds and the wind and to feel my eyes assaulted with the beauty of vision, the beauty that surrounds me on the very street upon which I live.

For minutes at a time.

To reach a truly meditative state I would like to achieve brain shutdown for the entire 30 minutes of the walk.

I am not convinced I can ever make this happen. Maybe if I become truly happy from the inside out. I have no idea what that feels like but I will let you know if I ever get there.

For now I try to create a reservoir of peace from which I can draw as needed, filled with the memories of the sensations of a beautiful walk.

Days like today add an extra charge of thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment