Thursday, June 4, 2015

Strange and Yet Somehow Wonderful

Strange how things go.

Got the high emergency motivation (intent?), yet I begin the new push by not walking four days in a row.

May 31, June 1,2,3.

That's the first time that has happened since I began on May1.

Oh well.

So here I am. The June manifesto will be coming in pieces, because I haven't laid it all out yet.

The big push is weight. I ordered a fresh and exciting digital scale. Amazing 21st century technology.

Wait, what? You say digital bathroom scales have been around for decades? Hell cut me some slack. I am still sporting a flip phone.

The new scale will not lie to me. It will expose my grotesque fatness for what it is.

On the day I receive it I will weigh myself and commit to losing five pounds by June 30.

Consider how I handicap myself. I ordered the damn thing yesterday. Probably won't have it until next week.

I relish the challenge.

More exercise. Gonna walk like The Walking Dude. Walked this morning. Adding quasi push ups and sit ups to the regimen.

Generally gonna make exercise a daily requirement in some form or fashion. On rainy days I can ride the exercise bike.

I hate "to do" lists. From now on I am gonna create a daily "to do" list. Got one going today.

My mind wanders. I want to accomplish too many things this month and for the rest of my life. Gotta write it down and cross it off.


Gotta find a way to make the work day more personally productive. The way I see it I waste 9 and 1/2 hours per day working and commuting. 9 and 1/2 hours devoted to something that is killing me. Doesn't make a lot of sense. That is an enormous amount of time to waste and leaves little time or energy for revolutionary personal change.

Got to find a way to sneak in activities, thoughts and or stuff that can help me to accomplish my objectives. Thinking about buying a used tablet. That way I can stay connected. Read and research intelligent things on breaks and lunch in an effort to combat the corrosive way this shitty job destroys my mind.

 Considering sacrificing some sleep.

Why not? I sleep like crap anyway and exist in a state of eternal exhaustion. Why not use my nights as constructively as possible? Especially since the hard truth is no matter how hard I try it will be difficult to accomplish anything meaningful during the working day.

OK this is all pretty lame. I am even boring myself.

I'll keep working on it and see if I can add some spice.

Until then..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment