Sunday, December 20, 2020

More Christmas Thoughts (I Told You I Am Obsessed)

Enjoying Christmas this year is a tough slog.

There is so much misery and loss and heartache and suffering in the world that it would feel somewhat hypocritical, on Christmas day, to get drunk and dance naked in the snow like a whirling dervish.

And of course we won't be with Keith and Krista and Craig and Amanda.

Honestly I don't think we will enjoy it.

Of course Carol continues to move forward. She is cooking her sour cream gravy pot roast which is fucking excellent. She is waiting on my decision about what to have for dessert. I have decided on lemon bars but have not told her yet.

So shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................

Gonna get a little selfish here too. Tomorrow I pop into the hospital for a whole body bone scan. They put you into a machine similar to an MRI machine. The point is to find out if there is any other cancer in my body besides the prostate.

Fun stuff to do a few days before Christmas.

I am getting older. What are you gonna do?

Christmas will happen in some weird permutation and then..................... we will be staring down January 1, 2021. A new year and my birthday.

Are you fucking kidding me? What are we supposed to do with January 1?

I am going to be 67 years old. That's 27 years older than I want to be. Perhaps I can find an alchemist to thwart the aging process and give me the gift of 40. I would pay him handsomely. It would be weird being the same age as Keith. 

"Keith it was nice to meet your Dad. He is supercool. He looks kind of young though - how old is he?"

"He's 40."

"Well how old are you Keith?"

"I am 40."

"OK. I gotta go now."

So, yeah - my belly will be full on Christmas day. Full with Carol's amazing cooking. We will have a quiet day - a VERY quiet day together. Fuck it - we have no choice. At least we have each other.

We will crawl forward into 2021. I will turn 67 against my will.

We will just have to wait and see what happens after that.

Strange days indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment