Saturday, February 6, 2021

A Cocoon of Warmth

I want to live in my car.

I am cold from October through April. That is just a fact.

My house is cold - a wide open, drafty old abode - I dress in layers in my own house because I am always cold.

Enter the 2020 Hyundai Elantra. This car has been such a gift for me. I'd rather be driving a Lincoln, but what are you gonna do?

The music system, especially thanks to Sirius XM, elevates my soul. The sound is surprisingly good. 

U2 has a song called "Miss Sarajevo". Featuring Luciano Pavarotti, believe it or not. Pavarotti's part kicks in a couple of minutes into the song. And when he sings you get goosebumps. Blows you away.

I pulled it up on YouTube to expose Carol to the beauty. It was not dramatic enough. Tried a live version, a recorded version - not good enough.

We were in my car a day or two later when the song popped up. I turned up the volume - when Pavarotti chimed in Carol said "Wow - now I understand what you are talking about!"

Pretty cool.

But the heat, baby - I am all about the heat.

First of all I got me the remote start magic on my phone. That is a gift from god.

There are three settings on the seat warmers. You might last 5 minutes on the highest setting if you are truly determined. I set it on the second level and my ass (and back) are eternally warm.

I set the internal temperature at 78 degrees. Seventy eight, baby.

With the seat warmer on and the heat kicking in, it creates a cocoon of warmth. I never want to get out of my car. I often fantasize about just driving straight to Arizona.

I may get me a brand new Lincoln one day. You never know. But for now, the Elantra makes me happy.

I want to live in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment