Monday, May 30, 2011

Please Read the Classics - RIGHT NOW

I am a reader. A voracious reader. I read 'till I bleed. Reading was my first escape from reality before I discovered booze and drugs. I read constantly and have been doing so since I can remember.
The range of stuff I read is wide. I don't limit myself. But I always get back to the classics. Man this is always good stuff. Food. I am reading Cannery Row right now. Steinbeck. Absolutely delicious. My favorite author is F. Scott Fitzgerald. Read him. Read Hemingway, Faulkner, Dickens. Dig into them all. It is meaty stuff, well written, descriptive, good stories that stand the test of time. The way these guys wrote is stunning to me. Rich, fulfilling, deliriously satisfying. Ain't nothing missing and ain't nothing thin about them.
Rip yourself away from reality TV and grab a book. Might improve your mind.
If you don't like reading please do not knock on my door.
Ciao, baby

P.S. - Before Cannery Row I read Steven Tyler's autobiography. You ain't gonna pigeonhole me, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment