Sunday, February 3, 2013

I Blew It And Now I Am Lost

In November of 2012, I committed to a solid retirement plan.

I had gone out to retrieve a shopping cart and found a fortune cookie sitting in it. The cookie was unopened.

I ripped the plastic off and ignored the meaningless message, but I zeroed in on the lucky numbers.

I knew this was my chance. I of course played those numbers in the Mega Millions drawing at the time, which was worth $12,000,000. The draw date was November 30.

I thumb tacked the ticket and the fortune cookie fortune together up on our dream board for luck and, believe it or not, forgot about it for a while.

I finally checked it in late December.

We got nothing. Not even one number.

I was stunned. I was already making retirement plans. Plans that required the expenditure of a great deal of money. Comfort costs, you know.

I have been unstable ever since.

But not without hope. I have an extensive background in accounting and believe I can come up with an equally solid and well thought out retirement plan.

I am considering my options as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment