Friday, February 1, 2013

Sunshine Of My Love

Sitting comfortable in The Recliner this morning, book in hand, cup of coffee at hand, cats effortlessly being. Precious, peaceful moments that I cherish and have cherished all my life.

I haven't always had the cats, haven't always had The Recliner, haven't always lived in this house, but I have always had the books. The one constant that holds it all together and makes it work. And nourishes my soul and frees my spirit to fly.

But I digress.

Put the book down for a moment this morning just as the sun was slanting through the window at just the right angle to shine upon the three frame pictures of Keith and Emily. The pictures were positively illuminated.

Some of that came from within.

I thought how appropriate it was for the sun to sparkle off those images. Three pictures from their wedding - looking deeply into each other's eyes and laughing. Laughing honestly, in pure joy and celebration. Carol and I cherish those pictures. There is so much love in those pictures that when you are feeling down you can run your hand over them and revitalize your soul a little bit.

They have no idea how much they amaze me. They are a creative couple and I worship creativity. Keith a writer, Emily a songstress. Both exceptional at what they do.

They give life a jump start, they kick it up a notch by putting their creativity out there, by doing what they love, which syncs them up with the vibe of the universe and separates them from those who toil joylessly.

They are light years away from the mundane.

I learn from both of them; what a delight for a parent to be taught by the child.

I was grateful for that slant of sun, that sparkle of light and warmth. It took me from my own natural high, my precious peaceful moment, and moved me even higher.

The high of my love for Keith and Emily, spiced with respect and admiration.

Pretty good way to explode into a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment