Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Smoke and Mirrors

I am anticipatory. Mulling over learned lessons. Grabbing hold of solid facts, letting the abstract slip by.

I am thinking furiously. Smoke pours from my ears and the cats are fascinated.

I am boning up. Studying. Asking questions in my mind and out in the open.

I am a machine right now. A machine with a focus.

A lifetime of experience coalescing in my mind - learning from the bad as I simultaneously beat it down, squeezing knowledge from the good.

There is a fork in the road and I recognize it clearly. There is meaning in what is about to happen and consequences to how I approach it.

Learning will be involved and I must embrace it. Mistakes will be made and I can't allow them to derail me.

An opportunity, however twisted, that I can use to my advantage. An opportunity that I cannot allow to use me or use me up.



(A glimpse through the smoke into a mind at work)

No comments:

Post a Comment