Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Prescient Comment

I just made what I consider to be a prescient comment to Lakota.

The cats always want to check out the screened in porch no matter how cold it is outside.

I let them out knowing full well they will be in again in five minutes.

That way it is their decision; no danger of them assuming I am being mean.

I let them out this morning and while I was setting up the barricade Maka sneaked right back in. I didn't even see her.

It was hilarious. I walked into the house and there was Maka sitting in the living room.

It was like "Are you kidding me? It is too damn cold to be outside today."

Lakota hung outside a little longer. She is tougher with the cold.

Five minutes later I let her back in.

As she walked up to me and demanded attention I said to her "I know. It is cold out there, sweetheart. Only humans are stupid enough to go out in the cold."

Prescient comment?

You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment