Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Yin To The Yang

On a recent blue morning, when I woke up at 2:30 a.m., Lakota was stretched out beside me.

Her head was just under my chin. I knew I would be awake for a while so I patted her and talked quietly to her. Although I could probably talk conversationally to her - nothing wakes Carol up. She often sleeps right through the alarm. Which is amusing to me especially on weekends when I am playing indentured servant.

The alarm will go off, she will not wake up, I get up to  tend to toiletries and such, and half an hour later as I am ready to leave for The Asylum, the clock radio is still on.

I often wonder how long the radio is on after I leave. But I always forget to ask because by the time I get home my brain has shriveled a little more and that particular image has been shut down.

No I am not cruel - I do not know how to shut her alarm off.

So I was patting Lakota. I put my hand under her chin and tipped her head back so I could kiss the top of her head. And rub under her chin. She loves that.

I stopped patting her for a moment and she tipped her head back to touch my chin. I smiled so large. I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her chin.

Stopped. After a moment she did it again.

Another kiss.

Precious, precious life form.


P.S. - We had the same experience this morning only at a more reasonable hour. 4:45 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment