Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bird Beauty, Magic and Wonder

Got turned on to the birds a few years ago. Maybe longer.

Whenever Carol groomed the garden and hung the bird feeders. I started noticing the birds singing.

How delicate it is, how pretty, each unique; call and response or soloists.

At this time of year they serenade their way through the day.

And we are the beneficiaries.

They provide a soundtrack to the day. Energetic. Persistent. Intriguing. Many are as pretty to look at as to listen to.

You have to focus. If you dwell upon how mightily your life sucks, you will hear nothing. I am always amazed at how effectively I can shut out this natural concert just by allowing my mind to wander.

What a waste.

It hit me today how odd it would be without this soundtrack. If the birds did not sing joyfully in spring and summer.

It would suck royally.

I wondered how that would sound.

I realized suddenly that it would sound like winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment