Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Got No Problem With PBR

I drink Pabst Blue Ribbon from time to time.

Got no problem with it. Kind of like it.

I go through periods of change with beer. I'll drink the same beer for a while, sometimes months, sometimes years, and then suddenly I need a change.

It's a weird thing. I have been loyal to Crown Royal for decades and I know that will never waiver. CR speaks to me on many levels. We have a comfortable relationship that will endure 'till the end.

But with beer I go through phases. Lately I have been drinking fruity beers, the most recent being blueberry flavored. I like the taste but there is a sense of something missing. Like I'm not drinking real beer.

My soul fears I am going soft.

I consumed a bunch of PBR up in Maine on the day preceding Memorial Day. Fabulous cook out at the Sargent estate. I brought the beer up with me packed in a cooler and it was delightfully cold. A welcome change from the fruits.

The can cracks me up, though. At the bottom it says: "This is the ORIGINAL Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer. Nature's choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America's Best in 1893."

1893 was 121 years ago.

The marketing department needs to get up to speed. Maybe I could wrangle a job there.

No comments:

Post a Comment