Monday, May 12, 2014

With No Hesitation

April slithered by and mostly sucked.

Threw out a couple of magnificent days to torture us with possibilities but other than that the average temperature was 18 degrees.

Or something quite like it.

I think maybe we even had two or three snowstorms. Can't quite remember.

May started out with malice aforethought. Evil. Promising nothing and delivering on that promise.

Until Saturday, May 10, 2014. The day felt like summer and everything clicked.

Got out of work Saturday at 6:30 (after butting heads with a selfish, inconsiderate, schedule manipulator who attempted to dupe me into staying until 9:30 so she could fly like a bird) and drove home in ecstasy. Windows down, hair flying.

Breathing it all in. My bones were warm. Warm from the inside out.

What a night. Got home to Da Lovely Carol, barbecued luxurious lamb chops and watched The Bruins/The Sox/The Race with sliding doors wide open to the screened in porch, cats as happy as us.

Sox won, Bruins won, Harvick finished second. Had the 4 won the race the night would have been perfect.

As it was, it was 99.9% perfect.

Sunday - Mother's Day - equally as gorgeous. Craig dropped in, I barbecued, we ate on the porch, the sliders and windows were open all day, we caught some golf, some Sox, some NBA playoffs.

Fanfuckingtastic.

Today, equally as gorgeous. Unfortunately my softer side has to work today so that sucks. But I am here breathing it all in again.

My point is that I transitioned to appreciation seamlessly. I did not have to stop and think "Hey, dummy, you better dig this weather because it is short lived here in the hellacious climate of New England."

I became spring. Breathing in beauty and warmth, closing my eyes to appreciate, feeling warmth from the inside out.

It is now officially confirmed. I am poised to make the next 3 and half months the best of my life, and that is coming from my soul.

Naturally. Unforced.

The 3 and 1/2 month thing is irksome. Today is May 12. Quite close to half way through the month already.

May has been devious.

That is the danger. Beauty and warmth glide by at the speed of life and you don't realize it until you are shivering miserably in the freezing cold of a typically vicious New England September.

With 7 months of the same staring you in the face.

Apparently my soul will not allow that this year.  It is on high alert, keeping me in vibe with this gift called warmth. Sunshine. Ease. Comfort.

I feel so goddamn good I'm floating on a sea of sweet gentleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment