Saturday, May 17, 2014

Let The Planting Begin

Inculcating myself into Carol's Magic Garden is part of The Joe 2014 Push To Change.

I have never planted a thing in my life. Except for my feet on the ground in stubborn resistance.

Her garden delights me. I decided I wanted to plant some plants of my own this year. Nurture them, watch them grow, sparkle my eyes in delight and satisfaction as they bloom and dazzle.

I want to know what it is like to care for something in nature that doesn't bark or meow. I want to be rewarded for my efforts with delicate beauty.

I am fascinated by the concept that these plants so delicate are alive. That if you care for them properly they will thrive. That if you blow it they will die.

Most likely it is a fine line.

Bought six plants today. Joe plants. My plants. I will get down on my knees in a few days and dig them home. Don't want to chance it today because I am waiting to commute to The Asylum.

There is poison and regret in my veins. The plants will intuit this and start off badly.

Makes more sense to plant them having come home from work. In a feeling of relief to have escaped HELL to return home to peace and The Lovely Carol.

The plants will dig that better.

Every year Carol adds subtle touches to this magnificent garden. This year started off with a gift from Sarge. He brought her a red metal VW, which he instructed Carol to place in the garden where it can age and rust over the years.

We love this idea and in the garden it sits.

Carol placed her Red Sox bowling ball in the dirt. Looks fabulous.

She picked up four plastic, colorful, fat chested birds who now sit in close friendship in the dirt.

She picked up three small slabs. One says "Peace", one "Hope", one "Believe."

To me they look like three gravestones signifying the death of peace, hope and believe. But this is not the time of year for such sentiments.

They are in the ground and they look cool.

I am proud to be a part of this life giving, peace delivering project. I am excited to plant the plants. To tend to them and exult in their flourishing.

The Year of Fun and Change is progressing quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment