Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cool Dog

Walked out of Dunkin' Donuts the other day and noticed a dog standing at attention in a car.

Waiting for his "owner."

Who really owns who?

Anyway, he stood still with a focused look on his face, staring directly at DD.

Waiting.

He was a Golden Retriever looking type dog, very cool.

I didn't get to see the reunion. After all, I was on my way to work. Work takes precedence over everything.

Especially living and fun.

Punctuality, man. Punctuality is a big deal in corporate america. Gotta get there on time.

Efficiency doesn't matter. Punctuality does.

"Johnson, why are you late?"

"My wife collapsed to the floor just as I was readying to leave the house, sir. She was writhing in pain on the floor and I think I spotted a trickle of blood running out of the corner of her mouth. I spent 10 minutes debating whether to leave for work or call 911. Finally deciding that I could call 911 once I got here, sir."

"We are going to dock you one half hours' pay. Do NOT allow this to happen again. Your continued employment here hangs in the balance. You can call 911 on your first break."

So I skulked away.

But I had the image of the reunion in my mind. The way the dog would start wagging his tail when his owner emerged. Probably pacing around the car in excitement. Maybe barking.

The dog would be exuding happiness exponentially.

Pets. Owners. A cool deal, man.

Simple relationship. Maximum love. Unlimited happiness.

You can dig that, can't you?

Don't you yearn for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment