Thursday, October 16, 2014

What The Hell Have I Done?

Bought "The Essential Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson."

841 pages of Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Do you have any idea what this means?

Go online - read just a little of this man's writing. Get a taste.

It is intellectual. It inspires. It challenges one's beliefs and forces one to think.

My brain is beat down like a railroad spike, man. Barely functions.

I get by like Chauncey Gardner in "Being There."

Now, all of a sudden, this book is sitting next to my recliner waiting to be absorbed.

Exuding intelligence.

I am going to have to bite the bullet and chow it down. But I think it will have to be bit by bit. Essay by essay.

If I tried to read it sequentially, start to finish, my brain would burst.

Still I am cautiously excited at the opportunity.

The opportunity to learn and expand.

Who knows. Once I plow through this extravaganza, I might come out the other end a smart man.

Smart is what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment