Monday, February 23, 2015

Anguished Yearning

Daytona ends yesterday and we spring into action.

Pop outside to shovel snow (AGAIN!!!!!!), drop off Carol's car for today's inspection and tire rotation, come home and I wash the breakfast dishes, clean the kitty litter box and get supper in the oven.

Park my ass and wait to relax into 60 Minutes.

A golf match has run long; into sudden death.

We watched a couple of holes to the finish.

I was overwhelmed. I don't know where they were but the setting was beautiful. It was warm. It was green.

At one point, as one dude crouched over his put, some birds began to squawk.

My soul rose up in anguished yearning. I literally felt want.

I realized internally and emotionally and physically and spiritually just how big a toll this winter has taken, with no end in sight.

I felt from deep within my essence just how badly I want sunshine and warmth, light breezes, Carol's garden's rebirth and birds singing.

The cries of those birds pushed me over the edge. Ripped up from deep in my soul the repressed longing that has been buried, but not murdered, by winter's cruelty.



No comments:

Post a Comment