Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 2015

Step out of the way children, February is upon us.

And a good month it shall be.

It is the month of our 37th anniversary. Carol and I were married in 1978. Ever heard of that year?

Recent events in our life tempt me to organize an insane bash by way of celebration. But we will probably just go out for a fine and quiet dinner in a favorite restaurant. Maybe a movie. Some peaceful time at home together. Quiet conversation spiced with reminiscence.

When you get to a certain age reminiscing slips into conversation naturally. It is comforting.

My brother Ed will experience his 60th birthday this month. A milestone in the life of a man who commands enormous respect and love from family and friends just by the way he lives his life; just by the honest truth of who he is.

My brother who I love and respect so deeply I cannot truly express my emotion.

It will be the most bitter sweet birthday of his life. I am hoping we can find a way to bring some happiness to the occasion.

The month starts off today with the Super Bowl. Huge game for PATS fans. Very exciting and over the top anticipation which will collide with the reality of the game itself starting around 6:30 and hopefully ending with insane celebration.

There will be other happiness during the month. I guarantee you I will exert my will to make that happen.

For now it is good to have these three big deals in my pocket. Three events I can look forward to, to make this vicious month of February more special.

You gotta keep fighting. You gotta keep swinging.

No comments:

Post a Comment