Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Reason # 212 to Drink Excessively

Weather.com tells me that it is currently -15 degrees in lovely Henniker, NH.

Are you kidding me?

Actually I don't need weather.com to tell me that - I walked out to start Carol's car so she would have a cozy ride to work - and my face froze off.

Some would consider that an improvement.

The high is projected to be 19 degrees.

That is not a high. 75 degrees is a high. You don't shoot for 19 degrees, you run away from it.

We should all be allowed to call in cold today. Take the day off from work.

I have not been too bad about attacking winter this year. Been forced to speak my mind a few times but overall I have been relatively quiet.

I am reaching the breaking point. So is everybody else.

People come into the liquor store now, grab a bottle off the shelf, twist off the cap and start drinking it on the way to the cash register.

They slam it down on the counter and say: "You got a problem with me?"

It has indeed been a harsh winter.

I get the feeling that when spring and summer roll around (such as they exist in this arctic climate) people are going to party like its 2099.

There will be great revelry and drunkenness and barbecue and naked dancing and off key singing and late nights and painful mornings.

Could be the greatest warm season New England has ever known.

Be prepared.

And dig it to the max.

No comments:

Post a Comment