Friday, October 2, 2015

Sleepy Eyes

OK I was going to include this stuff as part of the random facts portion of the show in the previous post, but I got so wrapped up in the emotion of Robin Williams' last movie that this would have seemed ludicrous.

So it gets its own post.

Nate Burleson is an excellent football analyst.

I finally got my shit together football-wise. I am in a football pool and I stumbled around for the first couple of weeks.

Truth be told Week 1 is always hard because we are about to go on vacation and it is hard to focus.

Week 2 comes up too fast and I haven't learned a goddamn thing.

I finally got my game face on though. The strategy is to watch The Aftermath on the NFL network. It airs at 3 p.m. on Monday afternoons. I then augment that with Inside The NFL, a show that I have always loved.

That's it.

In the beginning of the season I was watching this and checking out that and reading this and listening to that. It was too much and it was all over the place.

I am comfortable now.

I tape both shows which allows me to fast forward through all the stuff I consider superfluous.

I never watch the game highlights. All I want is the commentary. The analysis.

So I can watch Inside The NFL (a 1 and 1/2 hour show) in about half an hour. I can watch The Aftermath (a 2 hour show) in 45 minutes.

Anyway.................I am really impressed with Nate Burleson. I think he is insightful, he is precise in the way he breaks down and explains things, and he has balls. He's the guy I pay the most attention to.

By the way, who the hell is the host of Inside The NFL? Actually it is a guy named Adam Schein. A pretty strange dude but the boys (Boomer, Michael Irving and Brandon Marshall) seem to like him.

He has sleepy eyes and a unique way of talking but, what the hell, he seems to know what he is talking about.

And talking about sleepy eyes, I recently watched "America's Game: The Super Bowl" and "Do Your Job" on the same night. It was mind-blowingly overwhelming. I loved every goddamn minute and did not delete either recording.

One special covers last year's PATS Super Bowl season from the players' perspectives, the other covers it from the coaches' perspectives.

The main thing I got out of that is that Julian Edelman has to be a stoner.

Just look at him. Just listen to him.

More power to him. I wouldn't mind blowing a little smoke with the man.

Ciao, baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment