Friday, January 1, 2021

Duane's Wisdom

 "This year I will be more thoughtful of my fellow man, exert more effort in each of my endeavors, professionally as well as personally. Take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. In this coming year I will seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me. I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can."

Duane Allman's diary, January 1, 1969.

I start every year with this quote; I never comment on it, I just let it be. This year is different. I put it in italics for emphasis. And I have to say the last comment is the killer.

I will be the best man I possibly can.

This sums up very simply what I want. I have never tried hard enough to achieve this goal. Never even come close. I can be a much better man than I have been. I want to be the best man I possibly can.

That says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment