Saturday, January 9, 2021

Exercising Restraint

Maka gets all the love one cat can handle.

I kiss her head, I pick her up and hug her, I pat her, I talk to her. She is an affectionate cat who gives love and soaks up the love she receives.

She is in my lap every morning (except Thursdays and Fridays - I HATE those mornings). She is in my lap every night. In fact she is pretty much in my lap any time I am in my recliner.

I stroke her when she is in my lap. Lightly touch her head. Many times she will twist her head around and lick my fingers. I love that. Sometimes she just lifts her head and licks my fingers even if I don't stroke her. I LOVE that.

Sometimes I exercise restraint. I just look at her, recognizing we don't always need physical contact to express our love. It takes self control for me to pull that off.

She is content sitting in my lap feeling safe and loved and warm, I am content to have her sitting in my lap enjoying the purity of our relationship. The love is palpable.

Those moments are magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment