Saturday, May 15, 2021

Sarah - Bold & Uninhibited

Enjoyed lunch with my dead friends yesterday.

Found this wish on the gravestone of Sarah Woodworth Gallagher, January 25, 1922 - July 29, 2013:

"Hoping for a forgiving and merciful God. A life hereafter with those she loved most while here."

What I love about the first line is they are not the words of a devout believer. She was not sure about this whole God thing; she was hoping he's a cool guy but not really sure what to expect.

I am not sure if she was unsure that God even exists, or only unsure what kind of God he is.

Either way, that's a pretty bold and honest way to enter into death. I respect her for that.

Lots of people "find" God when the end is near and inevitable. Of course, if there is a God, he knows they are full of shit. At that point it's up to him to decide whether or not they deserve his mercy. Not sure how he goes about making that decision but I'm pretty sure there is no way of arguing your way out of it once it is decided.

Sarah lived to be 91 years old. That's a pretty good run.

My gut tells me she was a straight shooter. Probably spoke her mind with no fear and lived her life in accordance with who she really was.

It was nice to meet her .

No comments:

Post a Comment